Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mascara...

I've never been one to purchase expensive makeup, I could never afford the MAC's of the world. I've always loved makeup and LOVE eye makeup. Once I became pregnant I totally stopped wearing makeup completely. I just didn't have the energy. Then I just didn't bother, and when we moved to Portland I left any makeup I had behind. But recently I decided to start trying it again. I noticed Rite Aid having BOGO offers on all the major commercial brands like Maybelline, L'OREAL, Cover Girl, and Revlon. How could I resist BOGO!? I loved the idea of trying each brand to find my favs, and not to mention ridiculous prices with a BOGO. I started with mascara. As far as I'm concerned; if there is only one thing you have time for it should always be curling your lashes and putting on mascara. So I tried Cover Girl's Waterproof Exact Eyelights, and Revlon's Waterproof Fabulash. Cover Girl is the hands down winner here. Revlon's Fabulash came out of the tube thick and clumpy, so I knew it wasn't going to go well. And once it dried it flaked off. Cover Girl's Exact Eyelights came out perfectly. No mess, no extra, no lumps. After applying I had to remove clumps and separate with Fabulash, but had no problem with Exact Eyelights. With Exact Eyelights my lash just looked darker and fuller, without looking like I had loads of mascara on. I should warn you, Eyelights does have shimmer in it, but I really don't notice it at all. The brush is amazing! It's little plastic or rubber like spikes-not a traditional brush which probably just gets loads of mascara in it. It also dried really nicely. It felt light and I could run my fingers over my lashes and no flakes! Take a look!




Beautiful! Perfect lashes! No clumps, even color, and dark! LOVE!


Cool brush! Look at how nice and clean it looks!


I really hope you can see the clumps here! And they're not even dark!


Total cake brush! Messy and wayyyy too much mascara on the brush!

2 comments:

hungrysmurf said...

My make-up daily (and only on work days) is mascara and lip gloss. My favorite mascara is Lancome Hypnose waterproof (non-waterproof makes the curl I put in with the curler go stick straight!). I only get that every so often when I feel like splurging. I usually use Voluminous by Loreal which is on the expensive side for drug store mascara. I will try the exact highlights! thanks for the tip

NAMOWENO said...

Mascara and Lip Gloss is all us Pretty Girls need!

Wow. Wonder why non-waterproof does that.

Ohhh I'm so gonna try Voluminous next! I love eye makeup!