Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Empanadas...

I go crazy everyday thinking about what to do for dinner. I saw some recipes for hand pies, which sounds great, but it made me remember making and eating empanadas with my grandmother. I can't tell you how long it's been since I had an empanada. So I decided to make some. I made the dough following these directions, minus the vinegar (didn't have any). It came out just fine. The filling was some salmon I sauteed in butter with asparagus spears, and a cheddar and monterey cheese sauce. Btw...I loooove cheese sauce. It's the best way to fake a home made mac and cheese, and it's great as a spread and topping for just about everything! I made the empanadas small, I used a coffee cup for the cut outs. I figured Brianlily would be better eating little ones. I fried them and they came out great! So good, and totally brought me back to my childhood! I still have to make some mini hand pies!






No comments: