Thursday, April 29, 2010

My New Riiiiiide...

I finally have my wheels!!! lol Brianlily and I have been patiently (not really) waiting for our bicycle to come together so we can get on the road! Here it is!



Isn't she the cutest!? It ONLY took me 5 hours to put it together! It's my early Mother's Day gift from Brian, and I'm so in love! Can't wait for some sun this weekend!

I was originally going to go with the Schwinn Southport bike from Target, but found out the shipping and tax would be an extra $80 & I freaked! What the hell!? The point of purchasing this bike was because of the price. So I checked out Walmart and found, what looked like the same bike just different name and some fenders, the Schwinn Landmark. I purchased it for $129, plus $2.97 for shipping! Can you believe that!? The price has actually gone up for the bike, it's now $148.54! Pretty cool that I got it for such a steal! The reviews were pretty good too. Although I had the added stress of wondering if the child carrier I purchased for Brianlily would fit on the bike, it worked out just fine. I went with this Bell Cocoon Carrier from Target. The price was ok and the reviews were good. I see this carrier on the road a bunch, so I figured it would be good. This too gave me hours of work to put together, but it could just be the nerves; knowing that you're putting something together that you have to trust with your child's saftey.

We're going for our inaugural ride this weekend, so I'll be sure to get back with some reviews of both!

No comments: