Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Have to be honest with myself...

We moved from NYC (where I was born and raised...for the most part) to Portland, OR four months ago. And although I'm happy as hell to be out of NYC, I'm starting to realize that I'm so self conscious and seems like my self-esteem is slumping. Could it be that I just turned 30 and really thought my life would be different at this point? Or maybe I feel out of place? I feel like I'm in high school all over again. We moved to Upstate NY when I was about 14, and what a culture shock it was. The black-haired, dark-lipstick, NYC-Latina, in a small country town. BOY WAS THAT HARD. I think the only difference now is that I'm actually embarrassed by my fucking accent! I can't believe it.

Life seriously has me stressing these days...only thing that gives me light is my baby girl. Gotta make this life right for her.

No comments: