Monday, March 14, 2011

Really...A Hair Clip???

I purchased an orchid from Ikea, for my spanish instructor as a thank you gift. I know that sounds strange, but she was cooking us a feast for an end of term celebration. What's funny is the way Ikea keeps them upright...with hair accessories! LOL I would have thought a small stake and some string or something of that nature. But no, they chose a tiny claw clip! Funny and clever!



P.S. I told a couple of people that I was going to be purchasing the plant for my instructor, and one classmate said she wanted to be a part of it and split the cost. I agreed. The day of the celebration I came in with the orchid, and the classmate told me she didn't have the cash, but promised to have it the following class. Since she said she would have it, I took it that she still wanted to be a part of the gift, so when I presented the gift to our instructor I said it was from the both of us. The following class came, but the classmate was nowhere to be found. No phone call, no text, no email. I'm pretty pissed about it. Not because of the money, because I had intended to do it with no help from anyone in class. It's about the lack of principle. She just wanted to be a part of the great gesture, and backed out when it came time to give me a lousy $6!? Now here is where I stomp my feet like a child and yell, "IT WAS MY IDEA AND YOU JUST WANTED TO RIDE ON MY COAT TAILS!" There. I said it and I feel so much better. Sucka!

No comments: