Thursday, March 17, 2011

Big Girl Car Seat!

We finally did it...we've moved to a forward facing car seat. I am proud to say Brianlily was in a rear-facing seat until she was 2 years old. The great debate was really between the Graco Nautilus Elite and the Britax Frontier 85. The only difference between the Elite and orginal Nautilus is the adjustable head rest, but the damn thing didn't work! It's the first of it's kind, and it's a great feature, but it just really has to be imporved. It was hard deciding on the right car seat, but in the end we went with the Britax Frontier 85. The Britax has a max weight of 120lbs, compared to the 100lbs of the Graco. Plus, I found that with her infant Graco Safe Seat, the harness ran a little small. It was just too snug, and I worried that the Nautilus would be no different. The reviews for the Graco Nautilus weren't too great, but the Britax has consistanly great reviews. The thing I'm most proud of is paying $100 less than the actual price! We sold our infant car seat for $60, and purchased our new one during the BabiesRus Great Trade-In Event and saved 25%! We traded in the stroller attachment for the infant seat. It worked out wonderfully!

Britax Frontier 85 Wins!



P.S. As an emotionally attached mother (and by this I mean I get so emotional when I have to let go of ANYTHING of Brianlily's), I had a hard time seeing her infant seat go, especially since it was her first stroller...but she's a big girl now! Thank you for all your hard work and for taking care of my baby Graco!

Coming Home From The Hospital

No comments: