Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Made Macaroni & Cheese...



I made great mac & cheese last night. I hate, hate, hate following recipes...it's too much work to measure things out. I find a recipe that sounds easy or interesting and I follow most of it, then add my own ingredients and measurements and it usually works!

Here's what I used:
about 12oz. Whole Wheat Elbows
1 lb. shredded sharp cheddar
2 heads of broccoli (just the tops, no stems)
2 cups of milk
1 egg beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 large onion

This is what I did:
Saute'd onion in butter until they were translucent, added milk, egg, and cheese until cheese was melted. Then added pasta and broccoli. Tossed, then placed in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Note: this was a combination of two recipes, and the ww pasta and the onion was my addition.

No comments: