Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lechuza Rain Jacket...

I wanted baby to have a lightweight rain cover that she could wear a full coat underneath. I wanted it long for more shield, yet roomy enough to move freely.

Here is what I came up with. I found this super cute poncho with sleeves, but remembered how ponchos blow upward in windy weather, so I decided to make seams down the sides for more structure. The hood is a little floppy if she's not wearing a winter hat or the hood from her winter coat, but I think I'll add a little elastic on the sides to contour it and make it a little fitted without losing the extra room for a hood or hat.

I used a laminated cotton fabric, thread, and a zipper, no pattern, just created it along the way. And the best part is it cost about $15!

Baby adores it and while out-and-about people comment on it all the time :o) Go mommy!


No comments: