Saturday, July 24, 2010

Continued...

I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! Sheesh! I've been hella busy with getting my daycare up and running, and preparing for my family's 2 week stay!

I've been getting lots of inquiries about my child care services, but all outside of the age range I was hoping for (16-24 months). I wanted to keep ages close to Brianlily's so that no one would be too far behind or ahead. I haven't had too much luck with my "restrictions" so I'm opening it up to children under 3. Frustrating. No one enrolled yet. Here is my website: Lily's Pad Day Nursery.

As for my family visiting...well...it was as well as expected. My grandfather stayed one week, and my mother, sister and nephew stayed the second week. I still can't get over the fact that my grandfather came all the way to Portland! I love that man! It was amazing having the kids together and having my mother and sister here. And we didn't have TOO much fighting between us. The trip did make things hardER on me and Brian. The whole "this is my house" thing made it hard for us to deal with having everyone over. I guess we moved from NYC for lots of reasons and having it all come back to us was tough to deal with. It was nice showing them my "West Coast" life, but I was definitely happy to have some quite when everyone was back home. We got to do and see a lot, which was super cool for me because I've been wanting to do this stuff since we moved to Portland. We showed them the Coast, or at least a little of it. We visited Multnomah Falls, Mount Saint Helens, and the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and Bruce Lee's grave (really for my grandfather...he's a HUGE fan) in Seattle. There was lots of driving, and with 7 people in tow this was not an easy task! In the end, we made lots of memories, and have loads of great photos of our trips.


PIKE PLACE FISH MARKET- SEATTLE, WASHINGTON








VIEW FROM THE HILLS NEAR LAKEVIEW CEMETERY- SEATTLE, WASHTINGTON


SCIENCE FICTION MUSEUM- SEATTLE, WASHINGTON





I HAD TO DO IT!


SEATTLE, WASHINGTON


SPACE NEEDLE- SEATTLE, WASHINGTON


MULTNOMAH FALLS. COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, OREGON




MOUNT SAINT HELENS- WASHINGTON


WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH MY HAIR!? MUST HAVE BEEN ALL THE DRIVING THAT I DID...ALL BY MYSELF!!!


MY BABY HAD SUCH A HARD TIME WITH THE DRIVE THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS




THIS WAITER GETS NO TIP FOR THIS LOUSY SHOT! WHAT THE HELL!? WAS THERE AN EARTHQUAKE IN THE RESTAURANT!?
THE OREGON COAST- SEASIDE & CANNON BEACH










FOOT BRIDGE AT UNION STATION- PORTLAND, OREGON


JAMESON PARK- PORTLAND, OREGON


UNION STATION- PORTLAND, OREGON

No comments: